The requirements of a Domestic Subordinate Partner are:
- Must be structured as a for-profit company and have a Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN). You can apply online by filling out an SS-4 application.
- Maintain your books and records on the same fiscal year as Partners in Action, which is December 31.
- Must be structured as a for-profit Corporation or Limited Liability Company.
- Must have organizing documents and submit them to Partners in Action.
- Be subject to Partners in Action’s general supervision and oversight for as long as you are a subordinate organization.
- Be organized and operated for purposes defined in Code 501(c)3 which are consistent with Partners In Action’s purposes or operations.
- Promptly advise Partners in Action if there are any material changes in your purposes or operations.
- Supply in good order to Partners in Action all data needed to verify the above information, enabling Partners In Action to include you on our IRS roster of subordinate organizations.
- Timely file IRS 990 forms, applicable to your organization.
The application procedure is:
- Submit your application to Partners in Action. Include a letter verification that your organization meets the above requirements. Enclose your organizing documents, such as Articles, By-laws, Operating Agreement, or Certificate of Incorporation, if incorporated. Provide a copy of your IRS letter confirming your Federal EIN. Please restate in your letter that your organization will adhere to the list of requirements.
- After Partners in Action reviews your application and materials, you will receive a letter of approval or denial from Partners In Action.